The GBIC transceiver is high performance, cost effective module supporting dual data-rate of 1.25Gbps/1.0625Gbps 1.25Gbps/1.0625Gbps and from 500m transmission on 50/125 µm MMF.
The transceiver consists of two sections: The transmitter section incorporates a VSCEL laser.
And the receiver section consists of a PIN photodiode integrated with a trans-impedance preamplifier (TIA).
All odules satisfy class I laser safety requirements. The optical output can be disabled by a TTL logic high-level input of Tx Disable.
Tx Fault is provided to indicate degradation of the laser.
Loss of signal (LOS) output is provided to indicate the loss of an input optical signal of receiver. The standard serial ID information Compatible with GBIC MSA describes the transceiver’s capabilities, standard interfaces, manufacturer and other information.
The host equipment can access this information via the two-wire serial CMOS EEPROM protocol.
For further information, please refer to SFF-8053
1. Dual data-rate of 1.25Gbps/1.0625Gbps operation
2. 850nm VCSEL laser and PIN photodetector
3. Duplex SC optical interface
4. Standard serial ID information compatible with SFF-8053
5. 550m transmission with 50/125 µm MMF
6. 275m transmission with 62.5/125 µm MMF
7. +3.3V/5V single power supply
8. RoHS Compliant
9. Operating case temperature: 0 to +70℃